I am beginning here also the thread about scorpions of the UAE.
Similar discussion about UAE camel spiders see, please, here: http://www.uaebirding.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1893
The scorpion fauna of the country is studied very little also.
I have data on 16 species distributed in the UAE, but some of these are really rare and known on one or two specimens only. Buthacus williamsi was described this year from Fujayrah by only three females. Nobody collected any males of this species.
This is a list:
Buthidae C. L. Koch, 1837
1. Androctonus crassicauda (Olivier, 1807)
2. Apistobuthus pterygocercus Finnegan, 1932
3. Buthacus nigroaculeatus Levy, Amitai & Shulov, 1973
4. Buthacus williamsi Lourenco & Leguin, 2009
5. Compsobuthus arabicus Levy, Amitai & Shulov, 1973
7. Compsobuthus maindroni (Kraepelin, 1900)
6. Compsobuthus nematodactylus Lowe, 2009
8. Compsobuthus sp. n.
9. Hottentotta jayakari (Pocock, 1895)
10. Leiurus quinquestriatus (Ehrenberg, 1828) ? (introduced)
11. Odontobuthus sp. n.
12. Orthochirus glabrifrons (Kraepelin, 1903)
13. Orthochirus innesi Simon, 1910
- Parabuthus liosoma (Ehrenberg, 1828) (misidentification)
14. Vachoniolus globimanus Levy, Amitai & Shulov, 1973
Hemiscorpiidae Pocock, 1893
15. Hemiscorpius maindroni? Kraepelin, 1900
Scorpionidae Latreille, 1802
16. Nebo omanensis Francke 1980