Thread: Bird but not birding ADVICE

Bird but not birding ADVICE

If I knew where better to ask this question, I would as its not really a birding question.

A crow has flown into IBN Batuta mall and can't get out. It's in the first floor eaves, China Court outside Fitness First , photos attached. Its been there over a week. Its being fed.

Does anyone have any idea how to get it back outside safely?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crow 1.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	746.4 KB 
ID:	28086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crow 2.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	381.4 KB 
ID:	28087  

Top Contributing Member
    Crow are really intelligent birds. It's cool, it's being fed; why would it want to leave?

My first suggestion would be to stop feeding it for a day or so, but leave some water near a window/door on the first floor that you can leave open to let it get out. If it doesn't leave after a day or two, try placing food right near the open window/door (athough there's always a chance you'll attract more crows from outside!). If that fails, call pest control....
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Crow are really intelligent birds. It's cool, it's being fed; why would it want to leave?

My first suggestion would be to stop feeding it for a day or so, but leave some water near a window/door on the first floor that you can leave open to let it get out. If it doesn't leave after a day or two, try placing food right near the open window/door (athough there's always a chance you'll attract more crows from outside!). If that fails, call pest control....

Fair question Mark.
    I guess, rightly or wrongly I feel sad for it being trapped, and possibly stressed at being in a non-natural environment away from its own kind. Its food and water supply are inconsistent, and cannot be controlled. Knowing how Dubai operates, I expect the mall management to take the easy option and poison it.