Thread: Nad Al Sheba Ponds and surrounds

Top Contributing Member

Nad Al Sheba Ponds and surrounds

Well I guess it had to come some day but I didn't expect this.

Yesterday evening, shortly before sunset I was photographing a female Desert Wheatear when I heard a police car siren very close by.

To my surprise it was just behind me and a very serious-looking police officer came marching across to my car.

After I explained what I was about he commanded me to leave the area and not to return, stating that the area was restricted for public access. I have been photographing in this part of Nad Al Sheba for a few years now and this is the first time I've been challenged. There are no signs restricting access and there is a local rubbish dumping ground. Bang goes one of my favourite locations for a bit of quiet and peaceful birding.

The only thing I can think is that it is close to a DEWA Corridor where power cables and water lines run above and below ground. Maybe the authorities see me as a threat to security?

Whatever the reason, I am now a "marked man" as the policeman recorded my plate number.

H.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nad Al Sheba No-go.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	767.0 KB 
ID:	29194
    Howard Heaton

Sorry to hear that Howard, Al Qudra is heading the same way, we'll soon be sitting together in the Mangrove Hide as that's all that will be left
    World: 469 (Bateleur Eagle - Kruger National Park)
    UAE: 263 - Short Eared Owl - Wamm Nov 2017
    Flickr

Very disappointing. To be treated like that... Like a criminal. Makes my blood boil
    Tim Lloyd

World: 431 species / UAE: 130 (Eastern Imperial Eagle, Al Qudra, 2nd Feb 2018)