As a part of our weekly field survey Dubai Safari Conservation team headed by me and joined by Dr Shamshad Alam and Mohamaed Shafwan. On 11 March at 7 am we reached the Hatta Hill Park for surveying birds and other wildlife. We found a flock of more than 20 siskins
I have posted the bird info in EBIRD. Unfortunately the ebird is not allowing me to add Euarsian Siskin Spinus spinus in the checklist. I do not know the reason. Could any or all ebirder help me. Thanks in advance.
UAEBIRDING DOT COM cheklist has the following info: Eurasian Siskin Carduelis spinus
Rare and irregular winter visitor with sporadic influxes (lastly 2004/5).
- One Abu Dhabi Port; Mina Zayed 23 Dec 2010 (SL James).
- Up to 12 Safa Park 5 Dec 2012-16 Mar 2013 (A Jones et al).
- One Qarnein Island 7 Dec 2012 (OJ Campbell et al).
- Two Al Jazirah Khor 8 Dec 2012 (SL James, SP LLoyd).
- Nine Sila'a--Public Park 8 Mar 2013 (M Smiles).
- A pair Safa Park 11 Feb 2015 and 4 birds 14-17 Feb 2015 (M Smiles, G Kumar).
- One Dubai Creek Park 28 Nov 2015 (M Smiles).
- One Safa Park 28 Nov 2015 (M Smiles).
- One NARC 16 Nov 2016 (V Motteau).
- Up to 20 Dalma Island 1-2 Dec 2017 (OJ Campbell). - Two Sila’a Peninsula 22 Nov 2019 (SP Lloyd et al). - Four Al Marmoom DCR--Oasis Lakes 22 Nov 2019 (L Fernando).
Looks like the species name Carduelis spinus in this UAE checklist is now invalid(!) and the genus has been replaced by Spinus, as per ebird and the HBW Live.