I have listed the most important western sites for the visiting birder below.
I am working on making them as complete as possible, with access information and birding strategies.
This will take time, and needs feedback from our visitors.
- Can be one of the best birding spots in the UAE, esp during spring migration.
- Under-birded peninsula on the way out to Ghaghah Islands. The islands are reached by a new bridge.
- Under-birded peninsula on the way out to Sila'a. Several eBird Hotspots here.
- A well-watched area with great migrant and vagrancy potential. The main Hotspots open for public access.
- Housing complex and sewage pond.
- A sewage pond, hotel, fodder field and several town parks.
- A sewage pond, fodder drying fields and town parks.
- A huge oasis with many fodder fields, fodder drying fields, two small parks and a five-star hotel.